|Initial release||2000; 21 years ago|
|Engine||OpenGL 2.1 or higher|
|Operating system||macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10 version 1803 or later (64 bit), iOS|
|Size||1 GB HD Space|
|Type||Digital DJ Software, Vinyl emulation software|
Traktor is DJ software developed by Native Instruments. It is also used as a sub-brand for Native Instruments' associated DJ hardware products.
With the control signal formatted onto it, Traktor Scratch Pro Vinyl makes your digital files feel like they are cut right into the record. The record contains 17 minutes of control code on one side and 12-minutes of deeper cut grooves for turntablists and scratch DJs on the reverse side, pressed onto 120g vinyl. Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro 2 is an eagerly awaited and mu. Lew's Mixtrack Pro mapping for Traktor Pro 1.2.7 (4 hot cues) This is a basic 2-deck mapping for Traktor Pro 1.2.7 Set Traktor to use 4 FX units, all set to chained mode for this mapping to work properly. Traktor Pro 3 Crack DJ software is great for honing your beatmatching skills, but you can also do blend genres and bridge any BPMs by letting TRAKTOR PRO 3 DJ do some of the great work. Clicking the Sync button quickly gets your DJ tracks beat-matched, so you have plenty specter of time to experiment with your super DJ mix. Traktor Pro 2 Timecode Tutorial. How To Set Up Trakor Scratch Pro For Non Certified Mixers and Soundcards. In this full tutorial i will show you how to make.
Traktor was first released in 2000. The initial versions available were Traktor DJ and Traktor Studio, with Studio being the version with the most functionality.
Version 2 of the software (known as Traktor DJ Studio 2) was released in 2002. The new features included scratch macros and expanded looping, MIDI, and cue point functionality. Version 2.5, released in 2003, expanded the time stretching functionality, added Open Sound Control (OSC) support, and introduced GUI customization options.
In 2003 Native Instruments expanded Traktor from purely software. How to use artistic license. They partnered with Stanton Magnetics to develop Traktor Final Scratch: the software for Stanton's Final Scratch digital vinyl system (which used timecode-stamped vinyl records to control MP3s), whilst Stanton developed the hardware. This partnership also allowed Native Instruments to use the Final Scratch timecode functionality in their own Traktor products.
In 2005, Native Instruments added vinyl emulation features to version 2.6 of Traktor DJ Studio, alongside live input, internet broadcasting, support for more file formats, and expanded MIDI capabilities.
Version 3 of Traktor DJ Studio, announced in November 2005, added two more playback decks (for a total of four), built-in EQ & effects, Beatport online store integration, a four-channel mixer. It was re-branded to Traktor 3 on October 11, 2006, when the partnership between Native Instruments and Stanton Magnetics ended. At this point, Native Instruments began manufacturing their own DJ hardware components.
On October 16, 2008, Native Instruments announced Traktor Pro, to replace Traktor 3. It included an updated GUI, revamped effects interface, and updated cueing and looping features.
The subsequent software, Traktor Pro 2 was announced on February 10, 2011, and released on April 1, 2011. New features included multi-channel support and support for a larger number of concurrent loops.
Native Instruments announced in early 2018 that an entirely new version of Traktor (both hardware & software) had been under development. The new version, entitled Traktor Pro 3, was released on October 18, 2018.
Core functionality supported by Traktor includes the following:
- 4 virtual decks for audio playback
- Automatic beat detection and grid-alignment of tracks
- Automatic tempo synchronization of tracks, including phase alignment options
- Sampling and looping
- Effects (such as filter, flanger, and delay)
- Waveform displays for visual mixing
- Key detection for tracks
- A 4-channel mixer (one for each virtual deck) for controlling relative levels and frequencies (via multiple equalizer & filter models)
- Automatic gain control
- Real-time track management with incremental search
- Artwork browsing
- iOS and iTunes synchronization options
- Integrated recorder, supporting internal and external audio input
- Support for multiple MIDI controllers and mappings
- MIDI clock functionality to synchronize external hardware
- Support for Ableton Link, to synchronize across multiple devices
Variations of Traktor
Native Instruments also offers lower-priced version of the Traktor software, known as Traktor Duo. Duo features only 2 virtual decks (compared to the 4 available in the regular version), a single 3-band EQ for each channel, and six effects.
The company have also released Traktor Scratch Pro and Traktor Scratch Duo, which contain the same respective features as their standalone counterparts, along with additional Digital Vinyl System (DVS) functionality, allowing control for timecoded CDs & vinyl.
The entry-level version of the software is known as Traktor LE. It is sometimes bundled with third-party DJ controllers.
A version of Traktor is also available for iOSsmartphone & tablet devices. It is known as Traktor DJ.
In August 17, 2010, Native Instruments also released Traktor Pro S4, a new version of the software specialized for their new Traktor Kontrol S4 hardware.
Traktor software can be controlled via hardware MIDI controllers. Native Instruments offers several controllers and mixers designed specifically for control of Traktor software:
- Traktor Kontrol S2 - The entry-level all-in-one Traktor Controller. A two-deck, 2-channel controller that has had MK1, MK2, and MK3 variations.
- Traktor Kontrol S4 - A four-deck controller that has gone through 3 variations. MK1 included cue points, plastic jog wheels, and soundcard included. MK2 upgraded to an aluminum jog wheel, and added RGB cue point buttons and a Flux Mode toggle button. MK3 added a small HD display for more information, and motorized jog wheels with haptic feedback features.
- Traktor Kontrol S5 - With touch strips and LCD displays similar to the Traktor Kontrol S8, but with less functionality.
- Traktor Kontrol S8 - The flagship touch strip Traktor controller, with LCD displays, four-deck control and on board soundcard.
- Traktor Kontrol F1 - A single deck controller with 16 RGB pads to access all loops and samples available on one page of Traktor's remix deck.
- Traktor Kontrol X1 - A simple cue point-based controller
- Traktor Kontrol Z1 - A two-channel mixer compatible with both Traktor Pro and the Traktor DJ iOS app.
- Traktor Kontrol Z2 - A 2-channel DJ mixer for Traktor Scratch software, with hot cue and remix buttons for turntablists and scratching enthusiasts.
- Traktor Kontrol D2 (discontinued) - A single-deck controller similar to one section of the Traktor Kontrol S8. Includes 8 RGB pads, touch strip, LCD display, and controls for STEM audio files.
- ^ abc'The Evolution of Traktor - DJ TechTools'. DJ TechTools. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^ abAdvisor, Resident. 'Native Instruments: Blurring the lines'. Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Native Instruments releases TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2.6'. EMusician. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Native Instruments ships Traktor DJ Studio 3'. Macworld. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Native Instruments Ending FinalScratch DJ Relationship'. Synthtopia. 2006-10-11. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- ^synthhead (2008-10-17). 'Native Instruments Announces Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro'. Synthtopia. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Traktor Pro Tour - DJ TechTools'. DJ TechTools. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Traktor Pro 2 - Officially Announced! (Exclusive Walk Through Video) - DJ TechTools'. DJ TechTools. 2011-02-10. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Native Instruments promises new Traktor DJ hardware and software this year'. FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- ^'Digital DJs Have New Ways to 'Spin' Their Tracks'. WIRED. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- ^ ab'Basic Overview of Kontrol S4 Layout With Traktor'. DJ Techtools. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^ ab'Traktor Sync and Beat Gridding'. ask.audio. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^ ab'Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2 review'. MusicRadar. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Best Effects and EQ techniques for Smooth Transitions'. Traktor Tips. 2014-09-17. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Traktor Key Detection: Just How Good Is It? - DJ TechTools'. DJ TechTools. 2013-02-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^ ab'Traktor Pro Preferences Guide - Troubleshooting + Setup Tips by Dubspot's DJ Endo Dubspot'. Dubspot Blog. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'How to Set the Channel Gain and Autogain in TRAKTOR PRO 2'. Native Instruments. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'How to manage your TRAKTOR track library Native Instruments Blog'. Native Instruments Blog. 2018-02-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Native Instruments Announces Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro'. EMusician. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'5 Steps To Taming Your iTunes Library For DJing With Traktor'. Digital DJ Tips. 2014-01-13. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^Amsterdam, Rainer G. Haselier, Haselier IT Services. 'Recording Mixes with an External Mixer'. Traktor Bible. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'How to build a basic MIDI mapping in Traktor'. DJ TechTools. 2015-02-26. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Sync External Hardware to Traktor - DJ TechTools'. DJ TechTools. 2009-11-27. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Synchronising Traktor with Live using Ableton Link'. The Red Dog Blog. 2016-11-29. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Native Instruments Traktor Duo 2 review'. Expert Reviews. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- ^ ab'Your First Day With: Traktor Pro 2 - Digital DJ Tips'. Digital DJ Tips. 2014-09-08. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- ^'Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro 1 Review'. DJBooth. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- ^'Traktor DJ For iPhone Review - Digital DJ Tips'. Digital DJ Tips. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- ^'Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 announced'. MusicRadar. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
THE WORLD'S FIRST 2+2 CONTROL MIXER
- 2 standalone channels + 2 full Remix Deck Channels
- Sturdy aluminum chassis, with Innofaders™
- Intuitive control of Macro FX, and Flux Mode
Traktor Pro 2
2+2 CHANNEL CONTROL MIXER
THE DJ MIXER – REMIXED
Flawless integration with the included TRAKTOR PRO 3 software and advanced Remix Decks control deliver a lightning-fast mixing experience with uninterrupted creative flow.
TITAN HARDWARE DESIGN
Pro XLR and RCA outputs, knobs, buttons, and Innofaders™ combine for a fluid layout and rock-solid construction built to last. And TRAKTOR Mode buttons switch between TRAKTOR and standalone signals at the push of a button.
MORE ON HARDWARE DETAILS
Traktor Scratch Pro 2
Two Remix Deck channels provide essential control for improvising and remixing tracks on-the-fly. Launch loops, samples, and cue points with eight color-coded trigger pads and fine-tune with the loop encoders.
Or connect multiple TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 and X1 controllers thanks to the Z2’s USB hub: Freeing up additional ports on your laptop, and expanding performance possibilities.
DESIGNED FOR TRAKTOR PRO SOFTWARE
MORE ON TRAKTOR SOFTWARE
Traktor Scratch A6