Sep 21, 2020 Knowing how to speed up Windows 10 will definitely come in handy in the near future. Even though Windows 10 is perhaps the most efficiently coded operating system from Microsoft, it also has many. Speed up your computer Uninstall extra antivirus programs. If you use more than one antivirus or antispyware program at the same time, your. Close programs in the notification area running with startup. If your device takes a long time to start up, one of the. View Startup items. The ultimate guide 19 tips and tricks to increase PC performance on Windows 10 If your PC is running slow, use these tips to help speed up and increase the performance of Windows 10.
Are you looking for speed up your Windows 10 PC or Laptop, then you are landing on the right page. Here is How to speed up Windows 10 PC or Laptop. There are many reasons for slow performance of your Windows 10 PC. So, you need to optimize Windows 10 for a better experience. Windows 10 is the highly customizable operating system. With some customization’s, you can increase the speed of Windows 10 laptop and make windows 10 faster.
Microsoft also gives new features in Windows 10 in every update of Windows 10. So, you need to update Windows when updates are available. If you have any problem with updates, then here is How to solve Windows 10 Update problems.
With a few Windows 10 Performance tweaks (like Disable startup programs, increasing RAM, Adjusting Windows Animations, and delete unwanted software’s or programs), you can speed up Windows 10 and Make Windows 10 faster.
So, here are the best tips to speed up Windows 10. With these tips, you can increase the performance of Windows 10. Also, you can get rid of Windows 10 slow performance. 2019 summer continued..thoughtfull english subtitles.
- 1 How To Speed Up Windows 10
How To Speed Up Windows 10
Below are the tips to speed up your Laptop or Computer.
1. Disable Windows 10 Startup Programs
There are many programs that are running in the background on Windows 10. Some programs you may never use. But still that programs running in the background. Also, many programs load into main memory when you start your PC. But, Windows provides an option to disable these startup programs.
First of all, you need to disable unwanted startup programs. Because these programs take some time to load in memory. So, you need to disable some unnecessary startup programs.
Also, These programs slow down your Windows PC. And some programs you don’t need to load after starting Windows. Below are the steps to Disable Windows 10 startup programs.
» How To Disable Windows 10 Startup Programs?
- Open Task Manager by Pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC keys and Click on More Detail.
- Now, Click on Startup and disable the unwanted startup programs.
2. Disable or Adjust Animations For Best Performance
Animations are looking good in Windows operating system. But, these animation effects also affect the performance of the system. If your Windows PC or Laptop has a problem with low RAM, then you can change or adjust animation settings.
Like an Android operating system (You can increase the speed of your Android smartphone with Windows Animation scale), you can increase the performance of your Windows PC with animation settings.
Note: If you have a 4GB or more RAM on your Laptop or You have a new Laptop/PC, then there is no need to disable Animations.
» How To Disable or Adjust Animations For Best Performance?
- Right Click on the Start Menu icon and Click on the System option.
- After that, Click on the “Advanced System settings” from the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Advanced” Tab and Click on “Settings” under the Performance box.
- Now in Visual Effects, You can disable Animations. Windows provides the option to disable all animations. Click on Adjust for best performance to disable all animations.
Note: If you disable all animations or choose the “Adjust for best performance” option, then all animations will be disabled. Also, it affects on fonts. So, you need to manually disable some animations according to your requirement.
3. Delete Unwanted Programs/ Softwares
There are many unwanted programs and software on every PC. If you don’t need any software or program, then immediately uninstall it. Because some programs running in the background slow down the performance of your Windows Laptop.
Also, some laptops coming with many pre-installed programs or software. Many users don’t need that software. So, you need to uninstall that programs.
Note: Don’t delete that program which affects your PC.
» How To Delete Unwanted Programs/ Softwares?
- Open Control Panel and Click on Programs.
- After that, Uninstall/ Delete Unwanted Programs.
4. Run System Maintenance
Windows 10 has an inbuilt tool to fix system errors or problems. This tool is very useful to find and fix Windows 10 problems. So, you need to run this maintenance tool to fix problems.
By default, System maintenance tool run daily by itself. But, you can manually run this tool to find and fix the problems. Because sometimes it didn’t run automatically.
The System maintenance tool also cleanup unused files and shortcuts. Also, if any system problem affects on your PC or Laptop speed, then it fixes that problem.
» How to Run System Maintenance?
- Open Control Panel and Click on System and Security.
- After that, Click on “Troubleshoot common computer Problem” option.
- Click on Run Maintenance tasks.
- Click on Next to Run it. After that Click on “Try troubleshooting as an administrator”.
Now, it will fix all problems.
5. Run Disk Clean Up
Every Operating system creates some temporary files itself. In Windows 10, there is an option to clean up these files. Sometimes, these files also affect the system speed.
So, you need to clean up that files. Below are the file types which are clean by the Disk Cleanup tool.
- Downloaded Program Files: These files (ActiveX control and Java applet’s files) are downloaded automatically from the internet when you open web pages on the internet. These files are temporarily stored on your PC’s hard disk.
- Temporary Internet Files: When you open web pages, then Windows stored those web pages on the hard disk for quick viewing.
- System archived Windows Error reporting Files: These files are used for error reporting and solution checking.
- Delivery Optimization Files.
- Recycle Bin: There is no need to introduce Recycle bin. Disk cleanup also deletes Recycle bin files.
- Temporary Files: Programs stored temporary files on a hard disk in the TEMP folder.
- Thumbnails: Windows creates the thumbnails of pictures, videos, and documents. Because they can be displayed quickly when you open any folder. If you delete thumbnails, then Windows again creates it.
» How To Run Disk Clean Up?
You can run Disk clean up tool either from Control panel or My computer (This PC).
- Open My Computer (This PC) and right click on C: Drive and click on Properties. After that, Click on Disk Cleanup.
- It takes some time to calculate files. After that, Select files and click on OK to delete files.
6. Defragment Hard Disk
Defragmentation is also necessary to speed up your Windows 10 PC. It Done by the system itself in every week. But, you can also manually defragment hard disk when you need.
Windows provides an inbuilt tool (Disk Defragmenter) to defragment the hard disk. This tool rearranges the location of the file on the hard disk to continuous location.
Disk defragmentation also helps to speed up windows 10. There are many third party tools also available to defragment hard disk. But, you don’t need to download these tools because Microsoft provides an inbuilt tool in Windows.
» How To Defragment Hard Disk?
- Open My Computer (This PC) and Right click on C: Drive or any other disk drive. After that Click on Properties.
- Click on “Tools” and Click on “Optimize“.
- Select hard disk drive and Click on ‘Optimize‘ to defragment the disk drive.
7. Scan For Viruses
Windows 10 has a built in AntiVirus tool called Windows Defender. But, sometimes it does not work because of update issues. You need a good antivirus on your PC or Laptop. Viruses, Malware also slow down the performance of the system.
There are many free and paid AntiVirus software available. You can install good AntiVirus to remove viruses from your system.
Although, AntiVirus software also decreases the performance of PC. So, you need a good AntiVirus Software.
8. Increase RAM
Nowadays, 2GB RAM is not sufficient. Because Web browsers are also resource-hungry and many apps that are running in the background. So, you need a more RAM on your PC or Laptop.
Also, if you have a small RAM on your PC, then when you open many tabs in the Web browser it creates a problem. So, you need to increase the RAM if you are facing such issues or problems.
There are many software or tools are available to optimize the RAM. But, these tools cannot always useful for you.
9. Restart Your PC or Laptop
This is the oldest and evergreen method to speed up your Windows 10 PC. Shutdown and Restart are not same. Because when you restart your PC, then it clears out its memory and stops the programs that take resources of your system.
If you face any problem, then restart option may helpful for you.
10. Use PC Tuneup Software
There are some good PC TuneUp softwares available (like AVG PC TuneUp). Tuneup software automatically fixes the problems.
Many free TuneUp software’s are also available to download. These software’s are also helping to increase the performance of your Windows PC.
So, guys, This is the guide on “how to speed up Windows 10“. With these tips and tricks, you can increase the performance of your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
If you are searching for how to make windows 10 faster, then this article may helpful for you.
Popular on OTW Right Now!
With the launch of Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced quite a few new features and software. The design and layout of the new OS are stunning. Many of you might have upgraded your OS to Windows 10 already.
But Windows 10, like any other OS will start troubling you, or already has been troubling you: Slow response, delayed shutdown and corollary problems.
There might be many reasons for the same. Over time, junk files, invalid registry entries, unwanted duplicates get accumulated in your hard disk and reduce the system’s speed. Your system might get infected with malicious software as well which results in a slower response to the given commands, especially the startup and shutdown processes.
Fixing these issues are not complicated. Here are a few quick and easy tips, to boost Windows 10 slow Startup and Shutdown speed.
Also Read: best cleaner tool for windows 10
How To Speed Up Windows 10 Boot Time
1. Manage Startup Programs
Whenever your system starts up, some of the installed software initiate themselves by default as well. It not only slows down the system but also annoys you as you might not want to use them at that time.
You can disable all such software and applications to increase the speed of your system.
- Go to Start menu, type taskmgr in Search box to open Task Manager. (You can also press Windows and R key together and type taskmgr to open the Task Manager)
- Task Manager dialog box will open, choose Startup from the tabs.
- Select the programs and click on Disable.
Note: Don’t disable the Startup items whose manufacturer is Microsoft.
2. Be A Regular Cleaner
Just as your car’s engine oil needs to be changed from time to time to make it run smoothly, your computer also needs to get optimized regularly.
There are two ways to optimize your computer.
DIY(Do it Yourself) –
- Press Windows and R key together and type cleanmgr to open the Disk Cleanup.
Note: You can also go to Start button and type cleanmgr in the search box to open Disk Cleanup.
- Select the drive that needs cleaning to start the process, the default drive selected is C.
- Follow the on-screen steps and clean the computer.
Also Read: How To Use “Reset this PC” Feature in Windows 10
Third Party Software
Advanced System Optimizer is one of the best cleaning tools you can get for your PC. The software removes the temporary, old and obsolete files from your hard drive which not only makes it load fast but also enhances the system performance.
Moreover, it updates the drivers and protects your computer against threats and malware, and also provides security against the unknown threats. It also organizes or compresses data to maximize free disk space.
3. Make Changes in Windows Boot Settings:
Why let your Windows start-up slow down? It has an awesome feature called Fast Startup which reduces the boot time. Fast Startup pre-loads your Windows kernel and installed drivers for your computer before it turns off which reduces the time taken to startup.
System Speed Up Windows 10 Free
To activate the Fast Startup, make sure that the hibernation mode is enabled. To enable it, follow these steps:
- Go to Start Menu, type CMD in the search box to open Command Prompt. (You can also Press Windows and R key together and type CMD to open the Command Prompt.)
- Type in powercfg /hibernate on
Now that the hibernation is on, follow the steps to activate Fast Startup –
Control Panel > System and Security >Power Options > Choose what the power button does > Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Here click on the checkbox for Fast Startup and click Save changes.
4. Optimize RAM Usage
You might wonder, why the speed of your computer is slow even when you have a good RAM capacity. The answer is, there are a few processes that run in the background and increases the time taken to respond to a certain command, for example, opening a word file.
The processes like default Windows appearance settings if managed can reduce the RAM usage.
- Click on Start menu -> System -> Advanced system settings (from the left side pane) -> Click on Advanced Tab -> Settings (Under Performance category)
- Choose Visual Effects tab, choose Adjust for best performance
- Click OK to save changes.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10
5. Remove Unwanted Applications
Sometimes, there are some applications on the system, which might not be of any worth and slows down your system as well. So, removing the applications that you don’t use could be a good way to boost the system’s performance. Follow these steps, to uninstall –
- Press Windows and R key together and type cpl to open the Programs and Features.
- Right Click on the application which you want to remove and select Uninstall.
6. Reduce the Boot Menu Timeout
Image credit: tenforums.com
Whenever the system starts, it displays boot menu before OS loads. Basically, it appears to let us start the Windows in Safe Mode if needed. You can reduce the startup time by altering the boot menu time.
To reduce the Boot Menu, follow these steps:
- Press Windows and R key together and type Control Panel to open Control Panel.
- Now navigate to System > Advanced system settings, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- Look for Time to display list of operating systems; change the value from 30 seconds (default) to 10 seconds and click OK.
Also Read: 10 Best Internet Security Software for Windows 10, 8 and 7 in 2017
7. Say no to Tips
Windows 10, introduced a new feature which provides you with ‘tips’ to experience the beautifully designed Windows 10 to the fullest. To provide tips, it scans your computer, which impacts the performance of your system.
To turn off the tips, go to Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions and toggle off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
8. Replace HDD to SSD / SSHD
No other tip or tweak would fix Windows 10 slow Startup and Shutdown than replacing your Hard disk drive (HDD) to a solid-state drive (SSD).
Speed Up Computer Windows 10 Free
SSDs have a faster memory called flash memory. The only thing that is worrisome is cost effectiveness, should you choose to get a SSD card. It costs three times more than HDDs. But, if you want to enhance the speed and get rid of the slow and sluggish startup and shutdown issues, you should go for it.
Also Read: How to Go Back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 Anniversary Update
9. Restarting Your PC Is A Good Habit
Make it a habit to restart your PC as it clears out the memory and stops the processes which might be making your computer slow. If you have enabled Fast Startup, shutting down the PC would not do the trick. Make sure you restart your system now and then to speed up the system’s performance.
With these quick and easy tips, you speed up slow Startup and Shutdown in Windows and can enhance the speed and performance of your computer.
Speed Up Windows 10 Startup
Watch this space to know more about efficient usage of Windows 10!