Main Post Office (Glavpochtamt) One of the few historical administrative buildings in St. Petersburg to retain its original function (more or less) to this day, the Main Post Office was built 1782-1789 on the orders of Prince Alexander Bezborodko, chancellor, favourite of Catherine the Great, and head of the postal service, whose own palace had just been completed next door. As Peter the Great's 'Window onto Europe', St. Petersburg was conceived as a city unlike any other in Russia, taking its cues from the latest architectural and technical advances in Europe. To implement his vision, Tsar Peter employed hundreds of foreign experts in the construction and administration of his new city.
- Peter I founded the city back in 1703. And on many souvenirs is the date of foundation of St. Petersburg 1703. Throughout its history, the city has changed its name several times; the original future capital was named St. Petersburg in honor of the founder of the city. Petersburg was renamed Petrograd and bore this name until 1926.
- Discussion f the St Petersburg Paradox. This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
- Surrounded by crystalline water teaming with dolphins, it's no surprise that St. Petersburg tours take to the seas. Lunch and dinner cruises on Tampa Bay are popular St. Petersburg tours and evening dance cruises, when the moonlit Tampa Bay is sparkling with multi-colored city lights, are incorrigibly romantic.
Czar Peter the Great founded Saint Petersburg in Russia in 1703, which quickly earned the nickname “Paris of the East.” The Winter Palace, the Hermitage, the Church of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and many other buildings still amaze visitors from around the world today. But Saint Petersburg was only a part of Czar Peter’s many accomplishments. He reformed Russia and led it out of the Middle Ages and into the Modern Age.
If you want to get somewhere in Saint Petersburg, you need to start with workers. Their efforts bring in money, which you can use to construct buildings. But all of that means nothing if you can’t influence the nobles that help manage and operate the government. So you might sometimes have to exchange a “top dog” for a lowly functionary, or tear down a market to build a palace. In this way the city grows, round after round, as long as the money flows. Purchase the cards that will increase your fortune and allow you to score the most points: that is the goal in Saint Petersburg.
Mini-expansions available at cundco:
The Banquet (old version)
Completion Pack 'Komplettierpack'
Deutscher Spielepreis 2004, nominated for Game of the year 2004, Spiele Hit 2004, International Gamers Award 2004
Souvenirs from St. Petersburg
In our gift and souvenir shop you will find the widest range of souvenirs with symbols and views of St. Petersburg.Souvenirs from St. Petersburg: magnets or postcards with drawbridges, miniature copies of the Bronze Horseman and all kinds of figurines.
1-16 of 293Page:
- $2999Women's t-shirt 'St. Petersburg', one-sided
- $2499T-shirt 'St.Petersburg' one-sided
- Ложка сувенирная 'Санкт-Петербург' со смолой, в коробке / Souvenir spoon 'St. Petersburg'
- Ложка сувенирная 'Санкт-Петербург' / Souvenir spoon 'St. Petersburg'
- $3193Сатья Дас. Дух и предназначение. Путь гармонии
- $700Stranger. Twelve. Alexander Blok / Незнакомка. Двенадцать. Александр Блок
- $1434Федор Достоевский. Идиот
- $1619Федор Достоевский. Братья Карамазовы
- $1226Федор Достоевский. Преступление и наказание
- $450Стихи о Прекрасной Даме - Александр Блок
- $2399Футболка подростковая двухсторонняя 'Санкт-Петербург', светится в темноте / Teenage t-shirt 'St. Petersburg'
- $2299Футболка детская 'Мяу из Питера' / Children's t-shirt 'Meow from St. Petersburg'
- $2799T-shirt 'St.Petersburg. More than a city'
- $2799T-shirt 'Saint Petersburg. University'
- $2799T-shirt 'St.Petersburg'
- $2999Футболка односторонняя 'Санкт-Петербург' / T-shirt 'St. Petersburg'
Rgssrtp standard download. GridList
1-16 of 293Page:
20000+ titles books, fast shipping from New York. Russian bookstore in New York, USA. Colibri bookstore offers a huge selection of Russian books at our online bookstore. Free Shipping on books order of $29 or More, use code: FREEBOOK.
Live Cams Sankt Petersburg Russia
We are pleased to offer our customers and visitors a large selection of souvenirs with the symbols of St. Petersburg.Among the many products depicting the popular places of St. Petersburg collected in our catalog, everyone will find a souvenir to their liking. Our collection of souvenirs and gifts with popular views of St. Petersburg will not leave you indifferent.
Sankt Petersburg Russia
Peter I founded the city back in 1703. And on many souvenirs is the date of foundation of St. Petersburg 1703.Throughout its history, the city has changed its name several times; the original future capital was named St. Petersburg in honor of the founder of the city. In 1914, St. Petersburg was renamed Petrograd and bore this name until 1926. Further, the city on the Neva was named Leningrad. In 1991, the city was returned to its original name St. Petersburg.
St Petersburg Pc Game
We offer plates, mugs, trinkets, magnets, t-shirts, calendars, pens, souvenir spoons, caskets, bells, etc. St. Petersburg is a city with a rich history and many traditions that its inhabitants cherish.