Sirs, I own a HP-15g080nr, I was thinking of installing a 120Gb SSD, but found no SATA Configuration in the InsydeH20 BIOS( for switching IDE to AHCI). Now I find that to install a new Hard Drive (SSD) it involves dismantalling half the machine. One of my questions is actually how hard is this to d. Bios; Was this information helpful? WookieeFer On 2018-05-23, 14:28 PM Can this be used to modify gen2 to gen3 speeds for nvme on the bios?? Thanks Community Guidelines. Please review our Guidelines before posting. InsydeH2O® UEFI BIOS Allows for More Powerful, Responsive, and Intelligent Premium Notebook PCs from Acer®, HP® and Lenovo® TAIPEI, TAIWAN, December 29, 2020 – Insyde® Software, a leading provider of UEFI BIOS and BMC management firmware, announced today that several of its customers are using InsydeH2O® UEFI BIOS for their newest.
This article explain how to create a booteable USB stick to flash an EFI flasheable file under DOS enviroment.
Is my EFI InsydeH2O?
The easiest way to figure that is looking on the 'BIOS POST Screen' for this image:
Step 0 - Preparing the work enviroment
- You must create a folder on your desktop to use it as workspace. I will use one named 'Toolbox'.
- Your current Windows user account must have administrator rights.
- You must have the Windows based executable file that contains the EFI flasheable file. If you don't have one, enter to Support Website page and get one for your computer. I will use one named 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE'.
- Step 0 done.
Step 1 - Preparing working tools
- Download and install 7-Zip.
- Download 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Download 'DOS Files' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Download 'Flash It Tool' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Extract files downloaded in 2, 3 and 4. A folder will be created for each extracted ZIP file.
- Step 1 done.
Step 2 - Creating a booteable USB stick
- Connect your USB stick. Make a backup of it contents if necessary.
- Open 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' folder and execute 'HPUSBFW.EXE' with administrator rights.
- Follow these easy steps as shown below:
- Search and select 'DOS Files' folder:
- Click on 'Accept' button and then click on 'Start' button to initiate the process.
- A warning window appears. Click on 'Yes' button and wait until the entire process is completed.
- Click on 'Accept' button to close the summary window and then click on 'Close' button to close the application.
- Step 2 done.
Step 3 - Copying the flashing tool
- Open 'Flash It Tool' folder.
- Select all files and copy them to the root directory of your USB stick.
- Step 3 done.
Step 4 - Extracting the Windows based EFI update package
- Copy 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE' file to your 'Toolbox' folder.
- Secondary click (left click) on 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE'.
- Select '7-Zip', then select 'Extract to 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE'.
- A new folder named 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' will be created with files inside.
- Open 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' folder and open 'platform.ini' file. It's important to keep this file open.
- Step 4 done.
Step 5 - Finding the flasheable EFI file
- In 'platform.ini' file, search for the section called '[FDFile]'.
- Look for the 'FileName' attribute. This attribute sets the flasheable EFI file name.
- Look inside your 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' folder for that file, and rename it to 'FLASHME.ROM'.
- Copy 'FLASHME.ROM' file to the root directory of your USB stick.
- Step 5 done.
Step 6 - Setting the computer platform
- Look inside your USB stick and open the 'IDS.id' file with a plain text editor (notepad is enough).
- In 'platform.ini' file, search for the section called '[Platform_Check]'.
- Copy each 'PlatformName' attribute (only if it have a non-empty value) to 'IDS.id' file.
- Saves changes to IDS.id file.
- Step 6 done.
Step 7 - Finishing
- Close all files and folders opened.
- Remove securely your USB stick.
- Step 7 done.
Appendix A - Flash It Tool parameters established
Print and Download History Maker - Yuri On Ice sheet music. Lead Sheet,Score sheet music by: Emma Hayes at Sheet Music Plus. Jun 13, 2019 - Download and print in PDF or MIDI free sheet music for History Maker by Dean Fujioka arranged by Tris-Chan The Trombonist for Trombone (Solo) Jun 13, 2019 - Download and print in PDF or MIDI free sheet music for History Maker by Dean Fujioka arranged by Tris-Chan The Trombonist for Trombone (Solo). OnlineSequencer.net is an online music sequencer. Make tunes in your browser and share them with friends! Made by Jacob Morgan and George Burdell Hosting 1,694,474 sequences since 2013 Buy me a coffee! Download Lagu History Maker Dean Fujioka mp3 for free (03:26). Lagu History Maker Dean Fujioka (4.71 MB) song and listen to another popular. Yuri on ice wiki. » beatmaps » Dean Fujioka - History Maker - Yuri On Ice TV Size beatmap info Toggle navigation. Sign in / register Guest home news team. To create your own account!
/U /S /G /V /ALL /PMCAF:IDS.id
Appendix B - Flash It Tool parameters
|/U||Show confirm message|
|/N||Do not reboot after flash|
|/S||Shutdown after flash|
|/G||Save current BIOS to file|
|/AC||Do not check AC plug in|
|/AB||Check battery life percent|
|/MC||Skip all platform model check|
|/PQ||Query ROM protection MAP in current ROM|
|/I:String||Update logo (need Himem.sys)|
|/O:String||Output file (Must use with /I)|
|/LG:String||Logo GUID; update small logo required (must use with /I)|
|/B||Flash PEI volume|
|/E: Offset(Hex), Size(Hex), Address(Hex)||Update fix size from file offset to physical address|
|/FM||Flash CPU Microcode|
|/FN||Flash OEM NVS|
|/FT:value||Flash OEM special type|
|/LF||Load Fd file by another floopy disk|
|/PS||Flash SPI flash part|
|/PN||Flash non-SPI flash part|
|/V||Verify file integrity|
|/WV:String||Write variable to new string|
|/WU:String||Write variable (UNICODE)|
|/1||Save current BIOS to file (1Mbits from memory)|
|/2||Save current BIOS to file (2Mbits from memory)|
|/4||Save current BIOS to file (4Mbits from memory)|
|/8||Save current BIOS to file (8Mbits from memory)|
|/DI||Disable ID display|
|/RB:Filename||Read variable (to a binary file)|
|/WB:Filename||Write variable (from a binary file)|
|/UU:String||Compare UUID with current BIOS|
|/SE:String||Compare serial number with current BIOS|
|/GU:String||Compare GUID with current BIOS|
|/PMCA:ModelName||Used to check Platform model name|
|/PMCAF:FileName||Used to check Platform model name inside FileName|
Insydeh20 Bios Flash Utility
AS3410, for the first time. So I proceeded like in any other computer:
ENTER CURRENT PASSWORD: [ I entered my current password ]
ENTER NEW PASSWORD: [ I just typed Enter to left it blank ]
RE-ENTER NEW PASSWORD: [ I just re-typed Enter to left it blank ]
then I pressed F10 to save the settings and restarted the computer.
But the computer never started again because it doesn't recognize my
new BLANK PASSWORD, nor the previous one, and currently,
it seems not recognizing anything as CURRENT PASSWORD.
I know that it's the usual problem people have with stolen laptops,
but I thought there was no way of demonstrating it is my own laptop.
On the other hand, I've been searching the net for LOCKED INSYDEH20
BIOS information. So I
- tried disconnecting MotherB battery for 8 hours. Nothing was erased.
- tried to re-type every unique character in the keyboard as password
and restart over, but nothing works.
- disasembling the laptop in search for the BIOS chip, to reset it.
- writting help notes in specialized forums like this one.
- reclaiming attention from customer attention services in ALCAMPO
(AUCHAMPS in Spain) where I bought the unit. In aceronline.es,
and even in Acer.com, but I need / I want my laptop now, and by my
own means, if possible.
- looking for a BIOS backdoor, but there is nothing on the internet.
SO, ANY HELPING HAND ???
- anyone who knows what happens with this 'SUPERB' BIOS ???
- anyone who knows the correct JUMPER ???
- anyone who recognizes the ghost character or string I TYPED 2 times ???
- any advice to avoid paying Acer service (time and money).
- any help with the BIOS chip and pins, if it exists.