Footloose subtitles Croatian. AKA: Foot-loose. The music is on his side. Classic tale of teen rebellion and repression features a delightful combination of dance choreography and realistic and touching performances. When teenager Ren and his family move from big-city Chicago to a small town in the West, he's in for a real case of culture shock. 'Footloose' dances its way unto Blu-ray with a 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 encode (1.78:1) that shows a few troubled spots amongst the several other excellent scenes. Immediately, viewers will quickly take note of the greatly improved resolution levels and the rich, clarity detail throughout most scenes.
|Footloose: Original Soundtrack of the Paramount Motion Picture|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||January 31, 1984|
|Singles from Footloose: Original Soundtrack of the Paramount Motion Picture|
Footloose: Original Soundtrack of the Paramount Motion Picture is the original soundtrack of the Paramount motion picture Footloose. The original nine-track album was released in 1984 and reached number one on the US Billboard 200 chart on April 21, 1984, where it stayed until June 23, 1984. When it was re-released in 1998, four bonus tracks were added to the album, all of which were used in the film as well. In 2002, Sony International released the 'Australian Souvenir Edition', also titled 'Australian Cast Special Edition'. Two megamixes were added to the album, featuring the Australian cast of the Footloose musical. The original soundtrack contained six Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 hits, three of which reached the Top 10, including two number-one hits, 'Footloose' by Kenny Loggins and 'Let's Hear It for the Boy' by Deniece Williams, and 'Almost Paradise', a duet by Ann Wilson and Mike Reno that reached number seven, plus 'Somebody's Eyes' by Karla Bonoff climbed to number sixteen on the Adult Contemporary chart. More people bought the soundtrack album without even seeing the film.
In 2009, Doveman released a reimagining of the soundtrack album. The original soundtrack for the 2011 remake was released by Atlantic Records and Warner Music Nashville on September 27, 2011.
|1.||'Footloose' (Kenny Loggins)||3:46|
|2.||'Let's Hear It for the Boy' (Deniece Williams)||George Duke||4:20|
|3.||'Almost Paradise' (Love Theme from Footloose) (Mike Reno and Ann Wilson)||Keith Olsen||3:50|
|4.||'Holding Out for a Hero' (Bonnie Tyler)||Steinman||5:50|
|5.||'Dancing in the Sheets' (Shalamar)||Wolfer||4:03|
|6.||'I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)' (Kenny Loggins)||3:46|
|7.||'Somebody's Eyes' (Karla Bonoff)||John Boylan||3:33|
|8.||'The Girl Gets Around' (Sammy Hagar)||Hagar||3:22|
|9.||'Never' (Moving Pictures)||Boylan||3:45|
|10.||'Bang Your Head (Metal Health)' (Quiet Riot)||Spencer Proffer||5:17|
|11.||'Hurts So Good' (John Mellencamp)||3:42|
|12.||'Waiting for a Girl Like You' (Foreigner)||4:50|
|13.||'Dancing in the Sheets' (Extended 12' Remix) (Shalamar)||6:16|
- ^a signifies an remixer
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||2|
|United States (Billboard 200)||1|
|1984||'Footloose'||Billboard Hot 100||1|
|'Let's Hear It for the Boy'||1|
|'Holding Out for a Hero'||34|
|'Dancing in the Sheets'||17|
|'I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)'||22|
Grandview U.s.a. 1984
|Canada (Music Canada)||6× Platinum||600,000^|
|Hong Kong (IFPI Hong Kong)||Platinum||20,000*|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Platinum||15,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||100,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||9× Platinum||9,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
Watch Footloose 1984
- ^ ab'Footloose Billboard run'. Billboard 200. June 23, 1984. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- ^Fiander, Matthew (August 24, 2008). 'Doveman: Footloose'. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- ^Stosuy, Brandon (June 27, 2008). 'Doveman Covers The Footloose Soundtrack]'. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- ^Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 283. ISBN0-646-11917-6.
- ^ abcdefJoel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955–1990 - ISBN0-89820-089-X
- ^Joel Whitburn's Bubbling Under the Billboard Hot 100 1959-2004
- ^'Canadian album certifications – Various Artists – Footloose - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack'. Music Canada.
- ^'Les Albums Platine :' (in French). Infodisc.fr. Archived from the original on 18 September 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- ^'French album certifications – BOF – Footloose' (in French). InfoDisc.Select BOF and click OK.
- ^'IFPIHK Gold Disc Award − 1985'. IFPI Hong Kong.
- ^'Japanese album certifications – Various – Footloose' (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan.
- ^'New Zealand album certifications – Various – Footloose'. Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- ^'British album certifications – Original Soundtrack – Footloose - OST'. British Phonographic Industry.Select albums in the Format field.Select Gold in the Certification field.Type Footloose - OST in the 'Search BPI Awards' field and then press Enter.
- ^'American album certifications – Soundtrack – Footloose'. Recording Industry Association of America.If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.